View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Inferred Conversation Between Christine and Mick (circa 2008 or 2011)

Christine: Mick, I'm getting somewhat tired of the English Rose Country Life. I may a be little rusty, but I would love to play live again.

Mick: Great !! When can you start, love? I'm on speed dial with the promoters right now ! We're gonna make a gazillion dollars when this news goes to press! I'm thinking a large scale world tour that will go on at least a year and a half. We'll play all dates in the U.S. at least twice, Europe, Australia and Asia.

Christine: Well, hold on just a minute, I didn't say on that grand of a scale. I'm just getting used to my Xanax prescription for fear of flying. I might be hooked by the time the tour ends. Why don't you guys hit the road without me for a spell, make a few million, throw the punters a bone or two, drop some hints, and I'll be in for the next go round. I can't promise you that I'll tour FOREVER, but I'm in for ONE MEDIUM LENGTH TOUR.
Nah. I think that she realized just how unhappy she was after reading Ken's book. It wasn't until Fleetwood Mac was definitely going to be getting back together that she reached out to Mick (who comically misread her intentions at that point). She knew she could hang out with Mick and John in Hawaii, away from the pressures of the music business, and could hang out with Stevie and Lindsey in L.A. during their rehearsals. Beyond that, I doubt she had any real intention of playing live or even rejoining Fleetwood Mac.

I'm guessing she jammed a little with Mick's band when they were practicing for their show, and she decided afterwards that she might want to at least try playing live. So she did and enjoyed it more than she thought she would, and then, in L.A., after hanging out with everybody and having a good time, offered to do the London shows. Apparently, she was on the road with them for the European leg, enjoyed being on the road, realized that she wanted back, and expressed interest in returning full-time to everybody. The only two snags were John's cancer and the fact they were contracted to do a few more shows in which she was not (hence Lindsey's reluctance to have her back AT THAT POINT).

I really think it's THAT simple.

Quote:
Lindsey: "SHE CAN'T JUST COME AND GO !!" (was actually stated by him)
More in reference to her making cameos with them throughout Europe, since she was pretty much on the road with them for the duration of that leg of the tour. (Whether she was just testing the waters of being on the road or was concerned about John really doesn't matter. She clearly had fun with it, and wanted back.) She wanted to do more, but wasn't under contract to play with the band. Lindsey, according to Christine, felt that wouldn't be fair to the promoters (i.e. why is she playing Dublin and London, but not Paris).

Quote:
Mick: Oh, you mean we can tour back to back....make twice the money in half the time?? Interesting, I never liked taking 5 year breaks between tours.
Mick would be on the road or in the studio non-stop with Fleetwood Mac if they'd let him.

Quote:
Narrator: Do you think all those "casual fans" who already bought tickets to the 2013 tour would SIT OUT a chance to see the return of Christine ?!?! I think not. The "Chris Reunion Tour" will outsell anything they've done in the past 10 years. They know Chris' shelf life is not to continue touring forever, they've got one shot with her. It's like using your chips in a poker game.
We don't know that. For all we know, she'll love being on the road, and that if/when Stevie and Lindsey resume their solo careers, she'll go on the road with Mick and Rick Vito.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-20-2014 at 02:30 AM..