View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Just watched the segment. The story of Lindsey leaving is even worse that I expected it to be. According to Mick, Lindsey wanted to delay the tour. OMG! Stevie played fast and loose with her never ending 24K Gold tour and caused a major delay in not wanting to participate in a new album.
Just think. If Stevie agreed to record a new album with the band, the band would just be finishing their world tour promoting the new material. But instead this delay caused the repercussions of today.
Just so stupid for the band to go out like this. Mick said he wont used the word fired but did not dispute the fact he was fired.
How pathetic for the band to reveal they tested another lead singer but it did not work out. They wont say who it was. But that is so rude to say that.
I see a very desperate band to throw away their legacy for their last tour to sacrifice one of their own.
I guess I was hoping for something earth shattering that caused the firing.
NOPE
The 24K Gold Tour she delayed for two years because of the OWTS tour?

I think reactions to the segment (which was even shorter than I expected it to be) will vary depending upon one's level of anger at the Lindsey situation. Content-wise it was exactly as I expected it to be (nothing revealed).

My initial reaction: man these guys are OLD. (Love them all, but father time catches up with everyone...) From that aspect I can see why they weren't going to wait for Lindsey. Particularly when word of a big Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018 has been out there for more than a year.

My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.

I have to admit that while not what I had been expecting from FM, the clip of Neil's live Don't Dream It's Over got my attention. I hope they include that in the set. (Saying that as someone who has no knowledge of him or familiarity with his songs beyond the couple that were hits in the US years ago.)

And I still love Mike Campbell. Though I won't be sorry if they drop ticket prices a bit because of the lack of Lindsey.