View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He’s kind of in the same boat as Mick and John. Without a singer, he doesn’t really have a job.

Any worse than Robert Plant?

I get what you’re saying. The thing is, Zeppelin had that mystical side as well as the blusier stuff. Stairway, Battle Of Evermore, Babe I’m Gonna Leave You, etc. Plus, the violin bow thing would be cool AF on GDW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
When I first read that suggestion from SteveMacD I though 'what the ****?'
It was the most ridiculous thing I'd read in....ages.
But you know what....? its actually not that far fetched. I bet Jimmy would do it just to p!ss of Plant. Yes, he's pretty much idle at the moment. He loves touring. He loves the big life. Yes- I bet he probably would have said yes.

As Steve points out; Stevie...see Robert Plant

So basically, then, he'd be doing it for all the Michael Caine reasons.

Fair enough. I don't know the politics and band dynamics within Zeppelin so will have to defer to you guys on that one. But isn't it funny the sort of predictable relationships across most bands between the lead guitarist and the singer. I watched a recent clip of Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend doing something together live and Pete couldn't help take a swipe at Roger -- something to the effect of how Roger never wrote any of the songs, how he, Pete, did all the work musically. Roger refused to be drawn in and just said, "I still love you anyway, Pete".

Not knowing the inner workings of Led Zeppelin I am only able to try and imagine it musically, and I still see FM as on the whole far more pop than Zeppelin and a weird transition to plug Page into.