View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
But....Jimmy Page?? I mean, yeah, I guess if he didn't care what he played and just wanted to get back on a posh tour
He’s kind of in the same boat as Mick and John. Without a singer, he doesn’t really have a job.

Quote:
Otherwise, I can't realllllly see Jimmy Page being a support player for a twirling chick
Any worse than Robert Plant?

Quote:
Also, musically, I just don't see his playing fitting their hits. Sure, the old FM blues stuff, but really, you can imagine him trying to adapt his style to play the required bits on Dreams, Gypsy, Never Going Back Again, Little Lies, etc etc??????? Before anyone freaks, I'm not saying he can't play the songs, but the guitar parts on any FM song are more melodic and integrated into supporting the song, not about showing off scorching solos, and don't have big, driving chords (esp not Stevie's songs, where he'd essentially be playing the same one or two chords throughout).
I get what you’re saying. The thing is, Zeppelin had that mystical side as well as the blusier stuff. Stairway, Battle Of Evermore, Babe I’m Gonna Leave You, etc. Plus, the violin bow thing would be cool AF on GDW.

THE Stephen Hopkins