View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was drawn to the music of Fleetwood Mac as a child of the 1970's. I began buying their music at a tender age, and my mother took me to see The Rumours Tour when I was 7 years old. The Rumours lineup IS the definitive Fleetwood Mac for me. While I do have great appreciation for the Bob Welch recordings, The Mac for ME is Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John and Chris. The 5 of them together create a magic that is unparalleled.

I have ALWAYS been drawn to Stevie Nicks and I am a huge fan of her solo work. Though I toss out my fair share of jokes regarding her persona, Stevie was the goddess of my childhood. Watching Stevie belt out "Sara" on the Tusk tour still gives me goosebumps nearly 40 years later. She has always been my favorite member--hands down.

All of this being said, Fleetwood Mac is NOTHING without Lindsey Buckingham. I was there in the audience for the 1987-1990 Tours, and I can tell you first hand that the magic was gone-no shame on Billy and Rick--it just DID NOT WORK. I did not feel that magic again until 1997, which was like being BORN AGAIN for a Mac fan.

It's extremely sad that the band has chosen to end its legacy in this manner. I'm still stunned. I have not purchased tickets to the 2018/2019 Tour. I have attended every Fleetwood Mac tour since 1977 (I even suffered through the dreadful karaoke "Time" tour), so this will be the first time that I'm sitting out. Oh, I know my absence won't make a bit of difference, the tour will make plently of cash. I simply cannot, in good conscience, financially support the firing of Lindsey Buckingham. Neil Finn and Mike Campbell are outstanding musicians, but this isn't Fleetwood Mac. Moreover, the audience filled with casual suburban fans isn't my scene. I wish them well, but I'll spend my $600 on a product of substance and credibility.