Old 01-06-2022, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The Dance had a few highlights:

Silver Springs
Landslide (actually hit #50)
Oh Daddy (sorry)
Everywhere (finally Lindsey on the song and good harmony)
Big Love (I hate this version now but in 1997 it was a Tango gem that we never heard live before)

Just imagine unleashing Isn't It Midnight and digging deep. The show is so safe and studio like that it drives me nuts. It plays as a good album to listen to but its too touched for my liking for something supposed to be LIVE. I had watched the MTV concert countless times before I saw the Dance show live. It was the same concert even with the same babbles to the audience.
Drop Stand Back, Not That Funny, Go Insane, that cheezy Say You Love Me and even Farmers Daughter (treason around here). Give me Sugar Daddy, Crystal, Frozen Love, Think About Me, I Don't Want To Know, Little Lies, Hold Me any other Lindsey song from Tusk. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!
Me likee your list! Crystal, I Don’t Want to Know, Think About Me, and Little Lies would have been great songs for the Dance tour. Not sure why they skipped LL but I suspect Lindsey was the reason. Also, it’s pretty obvious to me he doesn’t like Isn’t It Midnight, as Lindsey has never played it but FM has played it when he’s not touring with them. Can’t be a coincidence. But the Farmer’s Daughter is beautiful and I loved their performance on it.

The Dance was safe, as you say, but they wanted to prove they were back, and in a big way, too, so I can see why they performed most of their hits and didn’t take many risks. Obviously it paid off, because FM made such a resurgence and got voted into the RRHOF shortly after, along with their first #1 album in 15 years.