View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
I realize that Stevie has the right to do whatever she wants; however, I really miss the very humble and gracious Stevie of old. So many of her antics onstage lately seem canned, phoned in, and, IMHO really corny and embarrassing. I agree with others that everyone's disrespectful gestures during her speech were classless and unprofessional, but I just watched all their speeches again, and all the other band members were very gracious and appropriate for the occasion, but I thought Stevie's speech seemed rambling and self-indulgent. It's even sadder that Christine and Lindsey's speeches mentioned "family" and "love," with regard to the band, and Stevie just focused on herself in a very self-congratulatory way that seemed dismissive of the rest of the band. The few clips I've watched of the latest tour seem similar. STEVIE, not FM, is doing a tribute to Tom Petty, and the shows look like solo SN shows with FM as her touring band. I'm so sad that I'm not going to the shows and seeing the five fireflies. Stevie is just becoming an insufferable caricature of herself, and all the softness and humility from before is gone, and, with it, a lot of her appeal...at least for me. Here is a clip of all the members' speeches: https://tinyurl.com/y8me7e4m
Self-indulgent is Stevie’s middle name