View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 46

When you became a fan: 1977

How you became a fan: I heard Dreams on AM radio and fell in love with that voice, and the minor chords. I got Rumours and looked on the back of the album and thought they had the names wrong (Stevie a woman? Lindsey a man? .

First 3 FM songs: I'm guessing that the first ones I heard were when Rumours came out, so Dreams, Go Your Own Way, and Don't Stop or You Make Loving Fun.

First FM vocalist: Stevie or Lindsey or Christine, depending on my mood.

Favorite FM Time Period: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - Tusk

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: See above

Concerts you've attended:Hmm, I guess I'm lucky. I'm not a kid, and I live in the Bay Area, all of which means ample opportunity to see them live.
Fleetwood Mac--11 times ( I think)
Stevie solo--12 times ( I think)
Lindsey solo--5 times

FM stuff you own: some faves--The Bella Donna piano sheet music book, a VERY THREADBARE purple T shirt from the Bella Donna/White Wingeed Dove tour, which I wear only to Mac/Stevie shows now, My wild heart matted poster, some old vintage posters (though not in good condition anymore ) and Lindsey's autograph made out to me (my high school buddy worked at a restaurant where Lindsey used to come and he got it for me , the old White Winged Dove tour HBO video (now if I could get my new TV to play VHS...), the Almanac (not sure what the official unofficial name is) bootleg, the Las Vegas Sin City 1977 bootleg (my very favorite version of Rhiannon ever, by far), the Tusk piano sheet music book, the Rumours piano sheet music book with a picture of Stevie playing (or at least holding) an acoustic guitar in concert, my Australian CD boot of Buckingham/Nicks with great sound and the single version of Crying in the Night. And my memory of winning 3rd row center tickets to one of the Dance shows, and taking my friend Lisa, who was expecting to sit in the lawn, and watching her face as we walked into the seats, down, down, down, to almost the stage

Favorite thing about FM: The blend of totally different songwriters into one band, and the harmonies, and the chemistry that they all have/had.

Least favorite thing about FM: The lack of variety in their set lists for live shows. And I was hugely disappointed in the reissues of Tusk and Fleetwood Mac. The "demos" on the Tusk CD sounded so much like the released versions. I really wanted to hear stripped down versions. That reissue, to me, felt like a big rip off.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Time makes you bolder, right?

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Stevie and Christine and Lindsey all together. I really miss Christine.

You wish for the future of the Mac: I would love them to do a very unproduced, or at least un produced sounding CD. With Christine, even if they don't tour behind it. I know it will never happen, but that's my wish.