View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

F
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
My unability to write in english kills me again, I'm trying, really.

It was a magic night, at least for 3 people, Alex, Andrea and me. We are friends since a FM concert in 1990 (Essen, Germany), we met there. Alex actually lives in Cologne, Andrea drove 2 hours to visit me the day before, we went to Cologne by train for an hour. We are long distance friends for life.

Alex had a rather good ticket, 13th row, but due to bad luck and circumstances (When tickets went on sale, I was stuck in a youth hostel with 60 children, no internet and no means to just GET A FREAKIN' TICKET, which drove me crazy back then) Andrea and me ended with rather depressing seats back, high up. When we arrived at our seats, we saw how far away the stage was, we were really depressed.

You know, I AM middle-aged, but in contrast to every other middle-aged person around me, I'm also a fan for 34 years now, not someone who randomly went there, alot of the people looked rather bored already. I felt that I deserved the best seats in the house. Andrea felt the same and without more talking, we just went down to the ground floor. A steward asked for my ticket, I just kept walking as if I did not hear him, Andrea was an upright woman on her way to her legit place, too. He let us path without controlling our tickets. Yesss!

Down in the area, we met Alex, she decided that we had to be procative, went and found a "good witch" (her own words), who upgraded our tickets to that part of the venue. Bad seats, far far back but anyway. Yesss! again. Andrea and me then got quite bold. On our way to the concert, we had passed by some people who sold good tickets for a high price in front of the venue. We thought that probably not all of this tickets would be sold and went to first row, in front of Stevies mike and just sat down on 2 empty seats. We were so nervous that someone would just shoo us away. Minutes went by, noone requested the seats. Alex found another free seat in front row. Lights went out 10 minutes late and we actually HAD the best seats in the house.
We just stood up, walked 3 meters and stood where we had to be, Andrea and me in front of Stevie, Alex between Stevie and Lindsey. For 20 minutes into the concert, we just couldn't believe that our stunt had really worked out that well. We had the best seats in the house, but we did not even need them . The concert was the best of the ones we saw (1990, 2003, 2009). I cannot imagine how frustrating sitting back up would have been.

Andrea and Alex made tons of close up videos and photos, Alex' camera did not record good sound, I will try to "uprade" them when I got them (by post), Andrea made soe really good videos that we will post later. Then with an actual concert review.

Let me just say that "Sisters of the Moon" was a standout but GDW had our jaws drop. I have not seen what Stevie did with that song in any clip I saw so far, that were 12 minutes that knocked everyone out.

Thanks for reading my ramblings, will be back when Andrea and me worked up a coherent review.
FANTASTIC story! Thank you for sharing! During the last Stevie tour in Australia a friend got to front row without having a ticket at all. Sometimes if you are bold AND lucky then magic can happen.