View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
You're slightly mistaken. Rochester & Greensboro were both canceled far in advance due to disastrous (not an exaggeration) ticket sales. Sacramento was due to be rescheduled, but after something like 20% of the tickets (presumably from amateur scalpers) got returned after the postponement, the show got blown out. Edmonton & Calgary got rescheduled because they were two of the half dozen or so shows that did extremely well.

As for the embarrassments, see: SLC, Milwaukee, MSG #2, Baltimore, Manchester, Tampa, Orlando, St. Louis, Omaha, Rosemont #2, Albany.. and at least one or two more than I'm forgetting. The main reason why half of those shows weren't canceled is because they got enough action on the 2-for-1/allocating previously priced $135 tickets to 2-for-$60 packages. Greensboro didn't, and that's why it got axed.
Luke, you can moan all you want to, regarding what you "feel" is disastrous- but there's a LOT of us, who actually are NOT Debbie Downers, like yourself, and feel that the Mac laughs all the way to the bank, my friend! I have no idea as to what you're talking about on ANY shows being 2-for 60$ or any packages for that! I never saw them when it came time for my show, and trust me, I searched everywhere! The best I could do was 250$ PER ticket- and that wasn't on the floor, even though I didn't want to sit in a floor seat in our venue! The side seats by the stage are much better, IMO..

At any rate, no matter how "down" you may be about this band, this is WHY you are on this very board, is it not?? I'm definitely, again, NOT one of the FM/Stevie people that feel they can do no wrong, as I've seen them in concert since 1981- and I have seen what they are all about. In a nutshell, they will ALWAYS be one of my favorite, all time bands and there is nothing or NO ONE on this board, or anywhere that could ever change my mind !

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....

Last edited by Steviefan49; 10-21-2009 at 10:45 PM..