View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another one!

I agree with everything you have said Johnny Stew, it was STevie who backed down and went along with what Lindsey wanted with most things. The mixing, the album length etc. Mick did not misrepresent himself to suck Lindsey in either. Lindsey 'asked' Mick to play drums on his GOS tracks and it went from there. This is a band with four people in it, who all have equal rights and opinions. Mick changed his mind and explained his position very well. They all want Lindsey to be happy but they also want to make money and have a successful album. Lindsey is the one in this doc who came across as demanding, pushy and like he had to have his own way or he would 'walk'.
I agree that without Lindsey this album would not be the masterpiece it is. His vision was a wonderful one and I am glad he pushed for his ideas, however he needs to learn to compromise a bit more. Overall, the special was great. It gave me a renewed appreciation for the hard work the whole band put into this project. I also never realized how involved they all are in every little aspect of things. I think STevie came across as very articulate, smart, creative and in touch with reality.
I will always support this band and nothing I could watch would want me to take my cd back. I love the music and listen to all 18 tracks quite often. That is really mind blowing to me that you would not want the cd anymore after watching such an interesting show.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey