View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
Honestly, I've felt the same way for some time now. At least in Stevie's case, her actions are a consequence of deeply (wrongly and immaturely) held convictions regarding Lindsey. With Mick, there are no such complex reasons. He probably wakes up every day and has to check his bank balance before he can decide on how he'll feel.

One other thing I'll add is that I'm sure no one is shocked LBCM was originally intended as an FM album, as has been speculated from the start. But seeing it spelled out at last definitely makes me feel like the project was on Stevie's shortlist of provocations. If it had truly been something Lindsey and Chris cooked up on their own, sure, I could see Stevie being a bit jealous. But that it was an FM album she said no to, only to have them solider on without her, takes all the power out of her hands. I think she realized going forward she might have problems with the two of them banding together on future Mac related issues. Alone, she knows that Christine is not a threat in her "fragile" state. But the possibility of Lindsey having Chris's ear probably pushed her over the edge. She's never going to concede an inch to that man, and her whole life right now seems dedicated to letting him know that.
I've said it before, but, she may have won the game of Fleetwood Mac, but he won the game of life(at least in comparison to her miserable life).

And $he HATES it. Bitter hag.