View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know what i've noticed, that with the recent blitz of Everywhere, people didn't even know that is FM song - just a song that was a hit in the 80s. so it's possible people don't even get what all songs are FM, same as many people here describe their process before they became a fan, and didn't realize that all those diverse songs are by the same band.
This is a perfect example of what basically I was conveying in my previous post. People know generally of Christine's songs, but she has such a benign presence and presentation - by which she essentially is not much of a personality, and has always been modest in rock theatrics in general. On top of having been out of the FM spotlight for over 15 years.

btw I did not bother to cast any vote in this RS readers poll.
I'm not surprised that Stevie would dominate this list, It's Stevie's FM songs that still dominate the playlists of classic rock stations I happen upon. "Rhiannon", GDW, "Landslide", "Dreams"", The Chain", "Oh Well" & GYOW are still satples played on adult rock alternative or classic rock stations here in Denver. While "Gypsy" & "Say You Love Me" seem to be mostly played on adult comtemporary stations.
I haven't heard "Hold Me", "Little Lies", "Everywhere", "Big Love" or "Sara" for that matter on radio in recent memory at all.