View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I hear ya equeen. On the other hand, i want them to make a new album (in the least) so they can top Say You Will. That was not a good record to "end" on.
My train of thought is this: Lindsey's Gift Of Screws was fantastic and Stevie's Trouble In Shangri La was really great... why can't they make just as good, if not better of an album together? They just can't leave the Mac legacy ending with Say You Will... they just can't .

I agree that Christine was one of the essential ingredients that made the Rumours band magical... but that shouldn't mean the Mac is incapable of making good music without her. Buckingham Nicks was a good, solid album... and anything with a John McVie-Mick Fleetwood rhythm section is redeeming in one way or another. All of this logic tells us they must be able to give us one last good album under the Mac moniker.

It seems it's egos and feelings that are ensnaring everyone... maybe they can figure out a way around that with outside producers, and a will to record a final, kick ass record. I've becoming pretty pessimistic the past 5 years or so when it comes to Fleetwood Mac... but I have to believe they can wow us one last time! If they truly want to and go into it with pure motives and open minds, they can accomplish it... no doubt!