View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The Live album was not very successful. Everyone was against it especially Warner Brothers. The band just made a double album that many considered a flop at the time. Why would you put out a double live album a year later. However, this live album was Mick's determination. He pushed and pushed and made it happen. Probably Mick's best idea since hiring Lindsey. The live album is a real treat. However, there are a few oddities about it. A boxed set with more songs would definitely peak my interest.
The live album has the best live (touched) version of Sara, Over My Head (although not from the tusk tour), I'm so afraid, Oh Well, and the incredible Over and Over. IMHO, the best live version of Rhiannon also but I also don't believe its from the Tusk tour.
I don't know how but I wish they included no "new" songs so we could get The Chain and Sisters.
That live Rhiannon is amazing but it's definitely from 1977 and not from the Tusk Tour. Some incredible stuff on the album including Rhiannon, Over and Over, Fireflies, Don't Let Me Down Again, Sara, and that killer Go Your Own Way (I can't drive to Cleveland without yelling out "CLEVELAND!" in my best 1980 Buck-mimic when I see the first sign for the city.

I don't see any chance this would ever happen. I think one of the misses of the album was that we didn't get a proper Tusk era full concert since Live was made up of things from '76-'80, not to mention the 'new' songs. That was rectified with the Tusk Deluxe release. As much as I love me some Live, that version of Sara on the Deluxe release was even better. The Chain, and especially Go Your Own Way from Wembley is the best version ever IMO. Just incredible playing.