View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While the personal drama with this crew has permeating through the veins of this band, this stunt wreaks of something more. I can't see Stevie issuing an ultimatum like that for a few reasons:
1. She loves spinning her tall/long tails about days gone by with Lindsey and how they got thru all their "stuff" learned to forgive, "this was the most beautiful poem I ever wrote about him...." And she knows fans love this. The Sara kissy face interactions and the Landslide flintiness. She knows how to act when she wants to
2. She is a smart business woman and part of her legacy is tied to this bands legacy. Lindsey is intricately woven into it. Cannot avoid it.

Sure, she will be able to weave some stories about Tom on this tour, but..... Not sure if the band expected the backlash they are getting. Are they expecting this tour to be as successful as "On With the Show" Stevie's die-hards aren't going to fill the arena if they aren't getting her gothic trunk of lost songs, and the Stevie die-hards may not know any of the FM deep cuts that have been alluded to getting pulled out here.

The thing most upsetting in all of this is the dismissive nature of the press release. "We wish Lindsey the best"....His fingerprints are all over this band and his ghost will be haunting the stage during this tour. Whatever it took to get them here is really sad. It is hurting the legacy of this band. The one thing the 4 remaining members are short on is time. Let's face it, that's why they were able to pull Mike Campbell into this mess. I do not mean to be disrespectful here to Tom (huge fan) or Mike, but that is a fact.
Fans of FM are being robbed of a farewell tour. This is a cover band of really talented musicians. My money is better served elsewhere. And it breaks my heart.