View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
lQuite frankly, I can't understand why others who have been to as many Fleetwood Mac concerts as I have would still be interested in them as a concert attraction. Is it a habit, like an addiction? A tic? An autonomic response? What keeps people going back year after year to hear Go Your Own Way sung the same way every year (barring the deterioration that age and boredom generate)—especially in this age of immediately available YouTube videos? Seeing Fleetwood Mac every year is worse than watching the same movie every year because Fleetwood Mac costs hundreds of dollars. I'm fascinated by what keeps people going to see them—the same people who have seen them thirty times since 1977. I guess they're enjoying themselves and enjoying an ever more boring string of Rhiannons, but it puzzles me.
I can’t figure this out, either. Every time they come through town and sell out the arena, I wonder: ‘If I, a super fan, can’t drum up any interest to see this show, how in the heck are they selling out arenas?’ The only thing I can figure out is that they’re drawing not fans, but members of the general public who want to be able to say they’ve seen the famous Fleetwood Mac in their lives. Kinda the same reason why places such as Prague or Venice are now thronged with tourists year-round. It’s the bucket list factor.