View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
He said they wouldn't care if the new guys were replaced with Felder and Mike Love. That accurately describes you, doesn't it?
No, not really.

I’m a fan of Mick, John, and Christine and would probably catch a show and buy any new music from them. While I wouldn’t question the legitimacy of it being an official new lineup, I also wouldn’t see the merit of bringing in creative dead weight whose relevancy to Fleetwood Mac is questionable at best. My biggest fear was that they’d get some talent show contestant like Harry Styles.

Mike and Neil have iconic pedigrees and have maintained vibrant careers as songwriters, recording artists, producers, and performers. More importantly, both have connections to Fleetwood Mac, with Mike having co-written a Fleetwood Mac song and appearing on all of Stevie’s solo albums and with Neil having worked with Mick. If there is new music going forward, having someone like Neil, who has been in bands with multiple singer-songwriters as well having been the creative driving force in his own band, will be greatly beneficial to Fleetwood Mac.

If they had to make a change, and they apparently felt they did, they would have been hard pressed to find better or more credible talents to bring in. I was surprised the daringness of their choices. They could have done worse, but I don’t think they could have done better.

THE Stephen Hopkins