Thread: San Jose 11/21
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
All or almost all of the things I said about Lindsey have been said about Stevie and some of the other band members mostly unchallenged and without merit. Yet you only have an issue that I said them about Lindsey.
I feel for Team Stevie (it must be like being the defense attorney for a losing case), but that's totally irrelevant to the point I was talking about. I can't spend my time defending the promulgation of inaccurate reporting and unwarranted character aspersions about both of them--good luck to anybody who can (Steve Hopkins perhaps?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
As far as false and misleading those things in and of themselves aren't necessarily criminal. There has to be intent
Criminal??

I give up. I can't share the same stage with you ever again!

As to the topic of what song Lindsey might have preferred for the walk-in music, the thoughts of me and others on this have been detailed in the "Lindsey discusses his firing (Rolling Stone)" thread in the Rumours forum. All things considered (including, in particular, Stevie's known penchant for warm-up music to get her in the zone and AV razzamatazz showwomanship, and Lindsey's penchant for a stripped-down bare-bones presentation to let the music stand on its own):
- it seems highly likely that he meant that NO elevator music clip should be played for their entrance as it would be tacky and is not something normally done for their concerts, and from his perspective as musical director there would have been a flow issue in terms of an abortive burst of Rhiannon followed by the opening strands of The Chain; and
- even if he did mean that a DIFFERENT song clip should have been played, the idea that he would want one that HE wrote instead of one she wrote is laughable, particularly in the case of Rhiannon, which from an instrumental perspective would in his mind be as much his creation as hers; however, the notion that he may have preferred a song that was more recent (regardless of who wrote it) does sound like something we could expect Lindsey to argue for--but based on the wording of his comment in the interview and the other considerations listed above, it seems much more likely that he simply wanted NO song played (from a musical direction perspective) and wanted their performance to stand on its own without the cheap use of a "preconceived label".