View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Right?!Super creepy and weird. I'm missing the old Ledge as much as I'm missing the real FM.
The Stevie vs Lindsey and FM vs Lindsey stuff has resulted in so much bitterness and animosity here. It’s very much an us vs them mentality. People can’t just express an opinion without being attacked. And there’s an immediate assumption that if you say one thing, you must be in one camp. It doesn’t leave a lot of room for people to express opinions.

I’ve been reading the Ledge since 2005. It used to be fun, humorous, spirited but respectful discussion. It was not dominated by bullies who post endlessly and try to beat people down in order to “win”. I’m starting to learn that some of the bullies here also bully on Twitter, it’s easy to be anonymous and do that. I’m sure none of the bullies act this way in real life. These people have crossed the line between being a fan with strong opinion and being so invested that they see themselves as part of the drama that is really just between the members of the band.

I post harsh replies at times but only when the bullying is out of control. Somebody’s got to say something to these people.

Last edited by Buster; 11-20-2018 at 11:00 AM..