View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Here's an unpopular opinion:

I am not at all excited about the Tango reissue and have very little interest in hearing outtakes and alt-versions of an album that has not worn well with me through the years. Notwithstanding "Little Lies," "Everywhere," and "Big Love," nothing on the album seems essential--or even substantial. "Isn't It Midnight" comes close but, oddly, the live version from the otherwise bloated and washed-out "Shaking the Cage" concert video is far superior and more interesting, in part because Christine's live voice on it sounds warm and seductive, rather than the mucked-up pitch-altered vocal from the album.

Not a Tango fan. Decades of denial have crumbled and I can now admit what I've always felt: the album is a disappointment.

Bring on Buckingham-McVie!
Apart from the love for Little Lies, I totally agree. For me it is one of the weakest albums in Macs history. I'm not going to buy the reissue. And those 12" versions are a total disaster to my ears. An insult to the art of extended danceversions.