View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They're probably not allowed to talk about the lawsuit. Bob hinted as much in his second Q&A.

I wonder how much say they had in who was included. While Jerry Garcia insisted everyone who was ever in the Grateful Dead be inducted, the Hall of Fame didn't extend that courtesy to Kiss, who were pissed that only their classic lineup was included, or Steve Miller, who was pissed that the rest of his band was included.

They were good friends for years before. According to Wendy, they rarely saw Stevie, and Bob trashed Stevie and Lindsey on here after they refused to do a benefit for Wendy (although Mick and Billy offered to play).
You are probably correct. The Eagles cant talk about the Don Felder lawsuit even though Don Felder walked away with one of the biggest settlements in rock history.

Bob did lash out in the final few years before he passed. I assume he was only going after the albums he was involved with. Do you think he gave up rights when he left? No one would have predicted how big the Mac was when he left. They were all such good friends years after he left the Mac. I believe in Mick's first book he wrote that Bob even played with them on a few Tusk sessions. I think he opened for them somewhere too. I think the Bob Welch and friends concert is one of the best rock concerts ever recorded.