View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have learned a lesson, Anita. I advise you read this:

http://life.familyeducation.com/dogs/travel/45672.html
www.ruffrider.com/airbag-warning-for-pet-owners
Well, yes & no. IMO, there was never a lesson to be learned, cause this is my first dog, and something I apparently needed LONG ago. She has done so much for me, my spirits, etc, so w/ that in mind, I spent a lot of time reading things, and just wanting to do 100% right by her. The passanger seat has a little doggie harness were the seat belt goes thru so she can't wander.
I'm not being biased, but I can not convey to you what a well behaved dog she is. Not a jumper or whimper'er. BUT, when I hit that frontage road on the way home, she's all about it...something about it is exciting, so ONLY on that street do I let her on my lap. Is it a street, still full of accidents to be had? Fer sure, so yes, a lesson was learned. Was I aware of all this stuff? Yup, but as usual, people never think it can happen to them. Or that "this or that aspect" is ok.< that's where I didn't think I'd ever need a lesson

And lastly, thanks for all the "glad she's ok" cause like I said, I won't let myself forget this anytime soon...even THOUGH she is ok. It's dumb, but ya know, something you can't help but hold onto. I've heard a few other people say similar things have happened. Heck, they are dogs....expect the unexpected. lol

Oh, and that dog vs. cat thing. I can't find it either, but omfg, it is SO funny! Thinking the bird is an informant. lmao

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting