View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh brother
You see the world only with Trump glasses on. You are asking why Stevie just got "political." Environmental causes whether left or right is political. When you urge your fans to join environmental/political causes....its political. You seem fine with artists being political when they align with your own political beliefs. She does not walk around the stage with political signs or endorse candidates. But yes like most people who are interviewed millions of times there can be some political references in their statements. She did not go on a 10 minute anti-Trump rant. She just said she is not for Trump. Big deal! Why you seem so obsessed with this is silly. Christine publicly stated she would have never voted for Bill Clinton and snubbed Hillary's request to perform at the White House in 2000. Was it her depression or her political beliefs. Who knows but I don't care. You live in a world where you think every decision people make is pro Trump or anti Trump. Its the Fox News world. You are with us or against us. You are young and your reference of political celebrity endorsements or performances is George Bush. OMG. Read some history. 57% of Americans disapprove of Trump across the board in every poll. Why do you think music performers like anyone else would have similar opinions. This is the real world.
John Fogerty is extremely political and even performed at Democratic conventions, attended fundraisers and given political speeches that were extremely anti-Bush. Yet George Bush was a big fan and had his music in his I-pod when he exercised in the morning. Who cares.
But what is sad is your crowd banning Dixie Chicks and removing them from radio because they said something against George Bush. Just imagine if Ted Nugent said the same thing against Hillary Clinton. Would you also support removing Ted Nugent from radio stations. You see.....its the crazy right that is intolerant of political statements. Same deal with athletes. Lebron James gets slammed and yelled at "Shut up and dribble" if he says something political. Yet, the crazy right cries if people attack Drew Brees for political statements and say its his right to say so.
Its pure hypocrisy and its sad.
Give me a break. It is the Democrats who cancel people. They are the ones who are constantly trying to get people banned or fired for supporting Trump. I don’t know what planet you been living on for four years. People who support Trump are even afraid to tell poll workers that they are voting for Trump. I guess I’m sick if the bashing. And if Stevie were voting for Trump she would never say so. She is too smart for that. People would try and have her albums removed from iTunes.

57% don’t approve of Trump because of the liberal media, which is really just another branch of the Democratic Party. Oh and let’s see, fake Russia Gate, fake Kavanagh accusations, fake impeachment... oh wait, a mysterious disease that comes from China, his biggest enemy and destroys his great economy. Then there are the riots in Democratic states where Democrats riot and destroy everything and then blame Trump for spreading hate. Ridiculous. ������

She needs to keep her mouth shut. Being non-political was one of the most respectable things she has done. She has been hanging out with Sheryl Crow and Bette Midler too much. I bet her new songs sucks.

Last edited by Jondalar; 10-01-2020 at 05:53 AM..