View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah if you are comparing CDs, i think it's kinda ridiculous and waste what they put on LiB CD. i'm thinking more of all the music that's on DVD, for both. majority of more interesting songs/performances on LiB in my opinion are the ones that are not on the CD. plus there's the monkey dance before SB.

re the dance, do i remember correctly that you are primarily a CM fan? if i was in your shoes, i would probably be biased towards the dance too. but also as you said, a lot of the dance criticisms were that it was so much worked on after it was recorded that it should almost not be called "live". blame for that i would think mostly falls on LB's shoulders. i'm glad he doesn't tinker with stuff anymore like that, if judging by all the solo live stuff he put out recently.
Ah I thought we were just talking about the CDs!

Obviously as a Christine fan I love The Dance, but I like the others too, and can appreciate some of the stuff on LiB. I just feel that, in particular, Stevie's voice was doing weird things at that time (very nasal) and that Lindsey did some stuff better on The Dance. I think, for example, that ISA on The Dance is much better than on LiB. Still, each to their own.