View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven’t cared much for the new material the band made since Behind the Mask. Well, I did like the 4 new songs on the Chain box set. I listened to Time and promptly ditched it, and the 4 new songs they did for the Dance were forgettable. Say You Will was ok, I mean just ok. I was at opening night of that tour and the audience was so turned off by the new songs, it was palpable. The EP was, again, just ok. Buck/Vie was the best of a sorry lot of new material. Is there a universe where I’d want to hear any of those 10 songs in concert over Go Your Own Way, You Make Loving Fun, or Landslide. No. And I’d rather hear Book of Love or Brown Eyes or Wish You Were Here or Save Me a Place or I Don’t Want to Know or As Long As You Follow over anything on Buck/Vie.

Deep cuts over new material anytime, that’s my frustration. It’s the best of everything- fans get to hear never before or not often performed songs live, and the band still gets to stretch and be creative, performing songs that would be like new to them.