View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
In his defense, not all of the facts were immediately known. I mean we all thought a small commuter plane had accidently hit the first building. That is what the news first reported for about 10 or 15 minutes. It was only when the second plane hit that it became apparent. The terrorists did not announce they were going to do this. So, I give W some slack because their was no clear indication it was a terrorist attack in the frirst 20 minutes.
He stayed for 20 or so minutes after the second plane. He should have left immediately.
Edited to add: I could see if it was a plane striking some building but The World Trade Center? With the intelligence briefings that he'd had and the history of that building being a target, some alarm bells should have been going off in his head. I'll never forget the look on his face. He looked scared sh*tless, IMO and at a loss as to what to do. It's one of the reasons he's unfit to lead this country, IMO. Why shouldn't some of the responsibility rest on his shoulders? He's the man at the top. He wanted the job, he should accept the responsibility.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 12-18-2003 at 02:19 PM..