View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
Wow, words can not express my confussion. A fan of the Band doesn't like 85-90% of the 80's work by the Mac, yet is still a fan, as in fanatic?

It makes me wonder how many "fans" here or otherwise are really just fans of particular solo artists. I know LB has them, as well as Stevie. I admire the fact that you are outspoken about it, elle, as you should be.

Still, I am puzzeled by the great disdain of the 80's albums. I know many do not like the 80's sound and the over-production of TITN. I guess one would have had to grow up in that era to appreciate the beauty of it all. I love the80's sound, however, my sister loathes it and we are only 2 years apart. I sorta get it, I suppose.
yes, i am not a fan of the band, i am LB fan only - as you clarified in the next paragraph.

i will go see the Mac this year and pay their over-inflated ridiculous prices b/c i can't resist not seeing LB when he's out there plus i can have some fun with many friends i met through LB solo gigs.

i actually liked a lot of music of the 80s, just not this kind of music.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"