View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There was the lawsuit. But I believe there was a beef between Chris and Bob that few know about. I dont see her caring about Bob's royalties from early Mac albums. The lawsuit came at the worst time for the band since Time tanked and they really were not working and everyone's solo career was not making money either. So I think Mick wanted to save every cent to not hand over to Bob. Sadly, Mick and the band probably spent more on legal fees that paying Bob outright.
It just was not the RRHOF. When the Dance came out during the RRHOF, MTV had those "Behind the Music" segments of all the bands. The show went through all the members and the history of Fleetwood Mac. Bob is never mentioned. Its like he never existed. Even worse, they showed the back of the Hereos Are Hard To Find album cover and Bob was edited out. Now.......someone had to direct the creators to do such things. Talk about bitter people. Its just like when the Van Halen brothers edited Michael Anthony off their website and all their albums.
Its so Jr High
All of the early Mac albums sold much more post Dance (like all Mac albums did). Some were certified Gold in the late 90s. When Bob was asking for royalties in the early 90s, it could not have been that much money. But if this was the only beef between them, Mick is much more of a money grubber than I thought. Kudos to Stevie for always staying close to Bob. I know she visited him in Nashville during the Enchanted Tour.
I remember going to Bob's website around 2000 and thought it was cool and was always going to ask a question but never actually did. Its sad his wife was banned here.
I don't think Mick has ever known how to live within his means. He wants to live like $tevie, when he only makes 10% as much money.

They are bitter and childish. Bob carried them through FIVE albums. I doubt they could have survived until the "golden era" if it weren't for him. Mick wrote "Bob Welch SAVED Fleetwood Mac" in his book. So much for that salvation, you ungrateful DICK.

$tevie does seem to be less about money than the others. HOWEVER, $he also HAS more money than the others, so maybe $he can afford to not worry....

Wendy said that Christine told Mick she wouldn't attend the R&RHOF if Bob was included. These are bitter, hateful people.