View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm happy we won't have 10 minute rambling in the middle of the set, yeah. but a little bit a banter here and there is always welcomed, as far as i'm concerned - as long as it doesn't take the place that can be used for 2 songs instead, when there are so many songs we want to hear them play.
This is the kind of thing I've heard you mention a few times. Can I just point something out? Even if the GDW outro HADN'T been extended and even if the WY speech HADN'T lengthened, there would've been no more songs. The show just would have been shorter. The 'rambling' isn't taking the place of songs (or proposed songs) at all - it's just extending the showtime somewhat. Certainly, the very first show, the introduction for Without You was only about a minute and a half - wasn't intended to go for ten minutes, lol.

For me, the WY intro was one of the highlights, for sure. As the tour went on and Lindsey's involvement became more prominent, and they went off-message even more, I just loved it more. I can listen to almost identical versions of Big Love over and over again but I won't be hearing/seeing SnL quoting Katy Perry at each other, or Stevie pulling out a laundry list of the ways she used to care for him (and I also loved you). We don't usually get to see exchanged onstage ILUs or 'fact checking' or talk of their sleazy friends or talk of Lindsey going outside to walk in his T-shirt (outrageous!!!) or Lindsey calling her 'baby' and crowing proudly about how loving and loyal a boyfriend he was. We don't usually get to see Stevie calling him fantastic, smoking' hot, brilliant, so sexy onstage, and we don't get to see that more natural banter all the time. I love/d it. And the song wasn't half bad either...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"