View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenByTheSky23 View Post
Agreed. I love you, Mick, but get a grip on reality. No new music since 2003. Diehards like us on here loved and didn't love certain things about the album, but overall is was the anticipation of the first brand new music since The Dance in 1997 that drove that tour. And we were thrilled. We were excited beyond words. Remember hearing the small snips of new tracks on the FM website back in early 2003? The track Say You Will was used as a promo for that 70's Show before we had the actual track, and I remember converting the commercial to mp3 and playing the bones out of it...because it was all so exciting and new. Unleashed in 2009 was all fine and good...we went to the shows and we loved it...but to tour again so soon without any new music is like beating a dead horse. I, for one, see and will see Fleetwood Mac whenever they come to Toronto. I'm happy hearing them play the standards and the stuff that made us love them - but to a degree. FM touring again so soon without a new album is not keeping your visibility fresh...it is making it quite stale, actually. You have to give people something to look forward to and care about. People that don't care about the new music will go to the shows anyway and have a pee or grab a drink while the new stuff plays, and the rest of us will go and sit through and love every minute of the shows. But I know that there are hardcore fans that refuse to see them again without new music. And with Christine gone,l the more reason to record again and keep things fresh. Great bands reinvent themselves. FM has been stellar for that up until recently.

Stevie, go and get your tour on (even if it is with Rusty Rod) and beat the s*** out of that record if you have to - you deserve it. Maybe Stevie, like the fans, wants something new and fresh to look forward to as well, and isn't crazy about touring with the same troop playing the same songs. She finally has something new on the go. Fleetwood Mac just shouldn't tour again until they record some new stuff.

And if they never record again, they'll all still be kicking in 2013 or 2014 - have a reunion tour then. You cant call it a reunion tour if you were all onstage together just three years ago. What's new about that?!?

Apologies for the epic, there.

No apologies necessary. It was said perfectly. Mic needs to save his money, buy a trailer and move to Florida. Mama can tour with Rod, Tom, Don, Peter , Paul and Mary if she wants to. She's happy on these tours but she looks like she's just going through the motions on the FM tours. If she should decide to tour again Stevie should sit those boys down (lindsey Mic and John) and tell them how SHE wants it to go down. She holds the power and she no longer needs to babysit Lindsey and his ego.