View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Registered

Two topics by various writers within this thread made me realize how the perspectives of ticket buyers can really vary, a lot! Hmm, i don't think being short of cash is even an issue- tickets in many (most?) cases go on plastic... so you can pay as much or as little per month as you want, no? Of course, there's interest fees, what have you- but it's not like most of us part with $174 per ticket or whatever when purchasing them... I think the only way the concert industry is surviving at all is because people use their credit cards, which of course isn't actually coughing up the cash, exactly.
Not that it's wise, but it may be possible that I'm still paying off some of the five SYW shows i saw 5 or 6 years ago, but I got to do what I wanted to do. So, if I'm still paying the price, and I may not be, then atleast I saw the shows I wanted to see. 'Short on cash'-- who isn't? Keep up with your credit card payments, and watch your credit limits get extended to where living within your means no longer means anything!
The other opinion, by a writer here I always enjoy, was about the concert being 'perfectly sequenced'- and boy, my perspective really varies from that opinion! I thought the 'Unleashed' concert was horribly sequenced...so damned predictable. I'd like almost everything changed in that regard! Open with 'Gold Dust Woman' or 'Go Your Own Way'... most definitely save 'Dreams' for the closer or encore, it is so dull near the beginning of the set where it has been since almost forever. I swear 'Dreams' stops a concert dead just as it's getting started, build some anticipation for it! 'Unleashed' to me was an enjoyable experience. But it was so predictable due to the sequencing of the songs- I also think 'The Chain' would work much, much better mid-way in the set, it's an exciting track (or used to be) but the band doesn't seemed warmed up enough, or something, playing it so early on, it comes across sterile, for me, now.
Also, this tour was much touted as the 'ultimate hits' tour, and they open with 'Monday Morning'-- not a hit, and actually quite a dull opener, imo.