View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
How is opening them up to a new audience more exciting to you than new music or seeing them live yourself?
I just love the band and know what a big deal this would be.
As things stand I feel they are in the twilight of their time together. However, I know they'd go down well at Glastonbury and bands that headline have such a boost in sales, popularity etc. If they play Glastonbury, far from being the end I think it would open a whole new chapter for them as a band.
I'm excited to see them perform with Christine. I'm excited by the prospect of a new album. But to watch them on TV at Glatonbury would be something I never thought I'd see. The media coverage of the Glastonbury festival in the UK is huge- if they play they'll be on the national news.
The Rolling Stones headline performance went down as being a legendary Glastonbury moment. I think FM have the potential to rival that. There are so many people out there that have no real concept of them as a live band- they are such a different entity live in comparison to their recorded music. Theres gonna be so many people sit up and take notice- we could get three more albums on the back of this.

I cant be the only one that gets a real kick out of other people discovering them.