View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Still think the following idea is wonderful:

1. Re-record some select pre-Lindsey songs perhaps with new arrangements. They've already been practicing these songs so they should be able to record these quickly.

2. Have each of the songwriting members bring 1-2 new songs to the table.

3. Invite someone like Rick Rubin or Mitchell Froom to produce the project.

4. Call the album something like: Lost and Found.

5. Consider recording the new album live on Facebook. Could be a great way to generate interest.
I'd wondered about that. I figured Chris and Stevie have two songs each that were only ever on live albums and they could be done in studio (much as I cringe at Sweet Girl). The one they MUST redo is Freedom, with both its writers in the group now. Maybe All Over Again given its current revival (but preferably with just Chris on the leads).

Other than that it should be about giving Neil and Mike room to be creative within the band.

The live recording online is an interesting idea. Neil did his last solo album pretty much like that. I was abroad and had to miss out.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.