View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember when Stevie lived up in Benedict Canyon about a 10 minute drive from my old place in Beverly Hills. My friend Hilary used to like to have a couple of tequilas and go up there to steal her mail. It was so weird. Whenever someone would visit me from out of town it was like, "take us by Stevie's..." haha instead of, "hey, show me around your place..."

That was in the 80's when she lived on the top of Angelo Drive. My friend, Paolo's girlfriend did make up or something for the Rooms on Fire video. He said that his girlfriend said Stevie had all her stuff in plastic bags against her bedroom wall.

You guys, THAT was the kind of house I picture Stevie living in. It was on a cliff...with big iron gates and the "guest house" was in front of the actual house. The "guest house" was about the size of a small town. It was all painted light blue and over the archway entrance to the house there was a placard sign that read something like "KASTEEL KAMPHUZEH" or something like that.

Driving up that canyon (especially at night) was a nightmare as it was so narrow and winding with a huge, huge drop on your left going up...and on your right going down.

Now THAT was impressive.

Jim

I'll have to dig out some pictures from the 80s to post sometime but, I'm sure you've all seen it.