View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Please fill me in what Lindsey said to diminish Bob. I must have missed something. I dont equate Lindsey not wanting to perform Bob's songs as a dis. Lindsey did not want to be a cover band of someone else.
There is one story from Bob's site I would LOVE to ask Lindsey about. Its the story that Bob said he ran into Lindsey shortly after he quit the band and they were recording the White album. Bob said that Lindsey asked him "How the hell did you stand these people?"
I just found that so funny.

I once heard Lindsey diminish Eddie Van Halen and if I did not hear it I would not believe it. It was something like how Van Halen is one dimensional and has no melody. Its just guitar chords. I am paraphrasing badly and cant remember the exact quote I heard in some interview. He wasnt going after Eddie but was comparing his style to his and it sounded like a dis to me because I remember thinking OUCH!

Lindsey liked Bob, and had a hard time dealing with the brits up arrival (yes, they shared that vibe and conversation). It's not as rosy as Christine likes to paint it when they all first met. And yes; she, Mick, and Lindsey even helped him produce and perform on a couple of Bob's albums.

But, in interviews when talking about the Welch period,(especially lately) he's always made cheeky kinds of comments about how that music wasn't up to what he was doing. And of course, yes he hated doing Hypmotized, and Green Man, etc. Also, read the law suit and see what he has to say about Welch period.