View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There really wasn't anything to promote, though. They only had one new song out at the time, "Blow By Blow" from "Soccer Rocks The Globe," which they DID play at the shows. I'd agree if people could have bought new material. As it was, the last time I saw that version of the band, they encored with "Dreamin' The Dream," and I was frustrated that I had to wait like two months to get it on CD.

Except the Dave Mason stuff. Actually, Mike Finnigan (CSN's keyboardist and keyboardist for the Dave Mason Band) came out and sang harmonies on "We Just Disagree," which made it very close to the original. I also liked that they turned "Only You Know & I Know" into a Dave/Bekka duet. Yes, Dave has his version, but her folks also recorded it.

Again, that album was released after they stopped touring. What would have been the point? Now, where I agree is that they should have maybe had one or two of Billy's "Behind The Mask" songs (i.e. In The Back Of My Mind and When The Sun Goes Down). But, even then, they typically only had ten to twelve songs for their sets.

Why not? He played bass on the original, and co-lead guitar on "Welcome To The Canteen." If Fleetwood Mac played Chicken Shack numbers when Christine was in the band, why not Traffic songs when Dave Mason was in the band?

And, say what you will, they were able to do it with just six people on stage. If Christine had toured, there would have been no additional musicians. When was the last time THAT happened?
All true, dude. But if you embark on a Fleetwood Mac tour with a whole new line-up, and you basicly play rumours, combined with old stuff from other bands that you played in, you simply cannot complain if it is interpreted as a coverband.

That was my whole point.

And in the core, musically, FM's last tour was with 5 musicians on stage and Stevie. Ok there are some backing vocalists, but in the Time band there already were 4 voices on stage. It's not THAT huge difference.