View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Richard Dashut On FB

Richard Dashut 2 hrs ·

In the small town of "Genoa" NV, the passing of one of it's citizens earlier this month marked the end of an era for my personal life as well as the world of rock music. Keith Olsen, one of the best known music producer's of the 70's and 80's passed into recording history as a living spirit and is now embodied in the musical influence he left behind and in the people he helped train. We will see him once again at next years "Grammy Awards Show" in the form of a remembrance, an honor he richly deserves. After that he passes into history as part of the music he helped create, remembered perhaps not by name, but in the music of Fleetwood Mac and Buckingham Nicks. I certainly remember him, like "I wouldn't be here writing to you today if not for my friendship and working relationship with the master himself". I know there are others that can claim the same, all of us blessed under the forge of his discipline. It's tough to say goodbye in death to someone I should have said the same in life, a stain on my life I cannot now remove, nor can I ever forget. I can only honor him in words that I hope will echo in the halls of musical eternity for as long as there are human ears to hear it. Goodbye Keith, you were one of the best and I thank you for the life I have enjoyed so much. With eternal love.. r