View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds more and more like this new book will be mostly an expanded version of the first portion of Mick's two autobiographical books. Really, what would lead us to believe it would be anything much more than that, just with some new photos tossed in? There are already 140-150 pages of text in each of those two books covering the pre-1975 versions of the band - not including photos - so based on that alone, I would not expect to see a whole lot more substance in this new book.

Not that I'd pay the equivalent of £325 for a book regardless, but even assuming there will eventually be a less-expensive non-deluxe edition (which may or may not be the case), I'd still have to be persuaded that it would be worth the money. Mick's books to date have been fine for what they are, but for comparison, the Fleetwood Mac portion of Dinky Dawson's "Life on the Road" is a far more entertaining read that includes greater detail on the band's early days. Now if we could only get Dinky to release more of those early soundboard recordings!