View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Continuity. If they're filming shows for a post-tour DVD release, they'll be able to use different takes of songs from different shows and there won't be somebody seemingly "changing clothes" and back mid-song.

Just use "The Concert For Bangla Desh" as an example. Mid "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", Eric Clapton goes from playing a Gibson Byrdland & wearing a Navy blue Pea Coat to wearing a faded denim jacket & playing a Fender Stratocaster during the solo, then back to the Pea Coat & Byrdland for shots later in the song. (he wore the denim & played the Stratocaster during the afternoon show, the Pea Coat & Byrdland for the evening show...even though all musicians were told to wear the same thing for both shows).
Take a look at one of the Dixie Chicks concert DVD's. It's filmed at various shows, each shot they are wearing different clothes. Fun To watch, not distubing at all. Just one minor fault. At one of the (instrumental) songs, all the musicians are lined up plating their instruments. In one of the first shots Nathalie Maines is their too, in all the other shots of the song, she is missing.

As far as FM stage clothing concerns, Mick and John have their signature style. We want to see Mick in his knickerbockers and red shoes, vest and balls hangin between his legs. John has to wear his white cap and Stevie has to be changing outfits as crazy. We expect that. But Lindsey is just a bore. Leather jacket, shirt etc. Must be comfortable for him, but his wife has to take him out to do some serious clothes-shopping. Chris has to be a classy lady. She has my mum's age. So dress that way. Last time I saw her back in 1990, she was a bit older as I am now ... Can't remember what she wore back then