View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I have Boston Tea Party in the official 2 CD version, but with no stage banter. Is there another - more "un-cut" version?

Ms Moose
The 1999 3 volume release of "Fleetwood Mac: Live in Boston" has plenty of stage banter. On volume 2, Peter goes into great detail about Mick's woman problems before the epic 25 min. Rattlesnake Shake (my favorite version, then Paris Theater). There's another part where Peter is doing the child rhyme "one two buckle my shoe" bit. I don't know what the "official" 2 CD version is, though I have "Boston Blues" that is 2 cd's but it's only excerpts from the 3 cd set. That does not have any banter except for the guy introducing the band. Volume 3 of Live in Boston is now out of print for some reason, and it has some must have gems such as "On We Jam", and B.B. King's "If You Let Me Love You". Overall the must have disc is volume 2.

BTW according to the "Boston Blues" liner notes, "Encore Jam" does not have Clapton included as long rumored. However, I confirmed it with a friend of mine that there is a fourth guitarist on the left channel (Kirwan's channel). It's Danny hard left, Peter hard right, Joe Walsh in the center, and the fourth guitarist is soft left (Clapton?).
I thought I'd bring that up.