View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey is indeed pushing buttons and manipulating the media narrative.

He's putting it out there that should the band return to its senses, he would return. He's creating a media narrative that it was not him who did this (it was Stevie aided by Mick) because she lost her way and Mick is bad with money and is always open to any hare-brained scheme for making money and so was ripe for Stevie's picking (I mean, a guy who'd replace his "best friend" and partner in the band is pretty scuzzy); but, he'd still go back, so if the band never re-convenes it's not HIS fault, it's theirs. It all makes him look reasonable and Stevie look really bad. Did she do the things he says? It certainly seems so to me. So he's revealing both of their dirty laundry in the media, and making it very clear where the blame for all of it lies.

He's left John out of the mix entirely which is interesting. Does this relate to the whole living in the same neighborhood thing? Hard to say. They have certainly butted heads over the years. But the band has consistently said John doesn't play the band politics and just cuts people off at the knees if they try, so maybe he just knows to leave John out of it.

With Chris it's less clear.... I gotta think he's really pissed at her on some level, but he used the word "weak" to describe Mick and also Chris, and he also used "fragile" re: her as well. So he might feel betrayed but also know that she's the weakest link of the 3 (Stevie, Mick, Chris) and his best chance of having a connection to the band. Also, as far as pushing Stevie's buttons, I agree with those who say knowing there's still a relationship between Chris and Lindsey will bug Stevie on some level.
In the same way it's interesting that he's said he thinks Mick realizes he got played and would like to contact LB but is too embarrassed to do so...this feels like a similar way of pushing Stevie's buttons and hoping to make her question how onboard anyone else in the band really is.

But in the end, esp now that Irving has bought her a place in the RRHOF, I'm sure she really doesn't care that much. She's clawed her way to where she wants to be-- on top.

The ultimate play for him would be to do yet another album with Christine, which would again further highlight that the 2 are continuing to be creative in a way Stevie is totally not.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-13-2018 at 10:09 PM..