View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Ex

I do think Lindsey's expression of creativity is very importance to him, sasja. But considering Stevie was never going to record with him again, I don't think Fleetwood Mac was ever going to be a viable outlet for him to expend that positive creativity again. He can now focus on delivering new material as a solo artist.

I have no problem with Lindsey suing FM, and I think there's a great chance he'll either win or accept a substantial settlement. The band will be fine either way, they're not going to end up in subsidized housing as a result of this lawsuit And while I agree with you this lawsuit is about how Lindsey feels he was treated by the band, I also acknowledge it's about money, too, and that's 100% fine with me. Lindsey and his family (and financial team) was expecting that income from the tour, and to have it yanked so suddenly and without warning would have an impact on them. He has every right to sue them.

I'm glad you feel loyalty to Lindsey and I have no problem with that. I love his music and I love their music, so I'm still loyal to them all to various degrees. I guess my irritation with some posters is the idea that I'm not truly loyal or I must not be a true Lindsey fan, or I would be just as outraged at what happened. The fact is, Lindsey's stock has risen immensely since he was fired, and we should all be thrilled for him! His tour is successful, he's giving high profile interviews, he's got lots of sympathy and support- and we'll be getting new music from him, and much sooner than if he were on a world tour. Plus, he'll get the money from said tour that he should have gotten, anyway. All things considered, that's an incredible silver lining for the man and his fans. So yeah, that tempers any outrage I might try to muster
Just because there is a "silver lining" as you called it, doesn't mean it was right. It was a s****y move, one you do NOT do without running the risk of people condemning such move. I choose to condemn that move, which is my choice. And I will not support a group or people who have such little respect for a bandmate, the legacy of their band, and the fans.

And remember, they have tried to cover this up and lie about it. That is so disrespectful to everyone. I will not support a group that would do that.

My choice is to be outraged, and you have your choice to not be outraged.