View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Default Lindsey's Versatility

One thing that's always struck me about Lindsey is his versatility as a guitar player. Even if there were a team of monkeys fooling around with a mixing board producing his music, I'd still be amazed that he could go through a 15 or 25-song set list without missing a beat. I mean, look at everything Fleetwood Mac and him have done since 1975 - soft rock, harder rock, acoustic ballads, the experimental stuff, and so on - none of it really sounds the same, but it doesn't seem to faze him in the slightest. There's a ton of "rock" guitarists who are just one-trick ponies and end up hashing out near-identical power chords over and over again, but end up getting all the recognition because they're so "awesome" and 14 years olds can emulate on them on the $100 guitar they bought at Toys 'R Us. But Lindsey transitions from genre to genre almost effortlessly (okay, so he's not much of a blues player...), but gets ignored because he's (or was) in a "pop" band. Go figure.

Oh well, I guess I was planning on writing something a whole lot more meaningful and substantial. Might as well smear my brain drippings all over The Ledge when I get a chance, I suppose.