View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I could be a bit more specific... I scooped up How the West Was Won and Pet Sounds in DVD-a from Best Buy when they were in the blow out bin years ago. After having bought Rumours and SYW in the same format, I had enough material to compare sonic qualities. My #1 is Rumours just due to isolation of tracks amongst the collection of speakers. #2 SYW only because there’s not as much separation. Pet Sounds #3 due to not much separation at all and #4 Led Zep due to no separation. 3 and 4 were engineered by label staff from what I can tell. Obviously I enjoy hearing multi- track separation, the more the better. I have amassed quite a collection of various recordings of Mac material over the years, much of which hasn’t seen the light of day in a long time. I have vowed not to spend any more hard earned money on these recordings unless I can be assured they will be pleasing to my particular taste. The last I bought were the Nicks remasters, BD and WH... which while not 5.1, still a bit underwhelming to me... that’s when I took the vow.

If these Rhino Mac 5.1s have killer multi-track separation amongst many 5.1 speakers, then I would buy. Wonder if they have any demo cut down discs up for grabs.