View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
So then the part about Mick going out to promoters to see if they would support a Stevie less or Lindsey less tour and the promoters votes 19 to 1 for a Lindsey less tour is lies too then as surely in two days they couldn't have approached and got answers back from everyone that fast?
Or do you think this is true and maybe Mick had gone and asked the promoters this all BEFORE MusiCares?

This whole premeditated plan by SN just keeps getting worse each day
I think the promoters thing is suspect. We only heard it from one place, AFAIK - that guy on Facebook, who was a photographer and said he heard it from a friend of the band, right? There was no secondary verification. It wouldn't be the first time third hand information hasn't been accurate.

Besides, Mick didn't need to call any promoters and have them tell him Stevie was more marketable. That's a given. Now, I could see after the fact that he might have had to go tell angry promoters, all of whom had been expecting to market the Rumours 5, that Stevie had forced his hand, that it was better to fire Lindsey than to lose her, and all but one promoter agreeing.

But it's evident they acted as soon as Christine was gone so they could do their "majority rules" without her.

They waited three more days to call Campbell on his birthday and ask him to join the band officially, according to the band's story. If that's true, I think it was more to give him a nice birthday surprise than because they spent those three days deliberating on whether or not to call him.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-19-2018 at 06:54 PM..