View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
They only did one tour...from mid-1994 to September 1995. I saw them in October 1994....Roger McGuinn (of The Byrds) did a solo acoustic set to open the show.

During FMac's set, Bekka introduced her mom and Bonnie came out to help out on a KICK A$$ version of Dave Mason's "Only You Know & I Know". High energy...just made me think of what I missed by never taking the opportunity to see Delaney & Bonnie & Friends when I had the chance. For their final encore number, they did a really torchy blues version of John Lennon's "Imagine", being that it was within a few days of John's BD, it was quite emotional. There were probably 15,000 or so people at the concert (which was outdoors in a County Park, bright sunny day...probably about 80-85 degrees)...on the hike back to the car, I didn't hear any derrogatory remarks about the "new version" of Fleetwood Mac...everybody was energized...."they were awesome!"..."that new chick kicked a$$!!!", "Wow! Cool, Dave Mason's in Fleetwood Mac now!", etc, etc.
I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about the show either I though it was great show with Orleans,Pat Benatar, Reo Speedwagon and Fleetwood Mac awesome line up really, some people i did see leave during the middle or it could have been torwards the end it was a long night not sure when it started cause pat, reo and fm i believe were full set like between 80-90 min. each and orleans was about 30 min. set.

It would be a cool tour and probably a dream for all of us is if they ever put a tour together for everyone who was or is still in FM and do a big stadium tour i think it would be a mind blowing tour. Tickets would be a lot of money but worth i think. I did wish I did stay to finish out the whole show back then. I would love for that to happen one of these days. Mick and John should really think about it i think its an awesome idea.