View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
SongS? You mean that ONE version of Gold Dust Woman that was a completely different arrangement than Stevie's? Because, THAT was the only song she did. Only one, and it was completely different.
She DID do "Dreams" at the show I saw on that tour. "Nailed, it!!!!!"

Her version of "Gold Dust Woman" is my favorite Fleetwood Mac version of the song...BECAUSE that incarnation of the band took it to a place it hadn't gone before. It would be really cool to hear Fleetwood Mac PLAY this arrangement with Stevie singing, just to hear if it was the arrangement that I liked, or Bekka's vocal stylings.

(that said, my favorite all-time verson of "Gold Dust Woman" was the one that Stevie did in live Central Park with Sheryl Crow's band)

Since the horse still has a pulse....it would be no different than if Fleetwood Mac would've toured WITH Christine, but without a 2nd female vocalist....you don't think Christine would've had to put up with SOME sort of internal band pressure to sing at least one, MAYBE two of Stevie's tunes in concert? Maybe, when it comes right down to it, the fear of THAT was why Christine announced she was leaving the band, too, in 1990 right after Stevie did.