View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
I saw her on the time tour back in 1995 I believe and I though she was terrible especially to pretend she is Stevie Nicks.
She never pretended to be Stevie Nicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
I did see the time tour show and only opinion of what I saw if she is her own individual singer for the band she should have sang her own songs only don't try to pretend to be stevie nicks and wearing black chiffon and cloaks singing Stevie songs I am sorry she was pretending to be stevie and I am not the only one on here that says this either about bekka
BULL****!

1. Bekka NEVER wore Chiffon.

2. She only sang ONE Stevie Nicks song regularly, Gold Dust Woman. The rest were Christine McVie songs. I don't see Christine McVie fans all up in arms that somebody else sang one of her songs. (Except when Stevie did, but only because she screwed up the lyrics...BADLY.) AND, it was a completely different arrangement. I'd much rather hear a fresh take on a classic than to hear some strung-out cheesy cover by Courtney Love.

3. Why do originals when the band NEVER toured in support of Time? They only toured prior to the album's release. I'm sure they would've done more originals if they weren't doing 12 song sets.

4. The beautiful thing about Bekka Bramlett is that she has famous parents. Watch Bonnie Bramlett on YouTube and try to convince ANYBODY that Bekka was trying to be Stevie 2.

5. USE SOME FRIGGIN' PUNCTUATION. It's already hard enough to take you seriously.

Quote:
I am sure individually she is an ok singer nothing strong came out of that part of FM that is why she only lasted one cd and tour with just to me that part of FM was not FM to me.
Well, to be honest, what ACTUALLY happened is that the band stopped touring in Sept., 1995. The album was released in Oct., 1995. The album features Lindsey Buckingham on one song. Christine McVie left after it was released (which was obvious, by her song selection). It was announced that Mick Fleetwood was going to play on Lindsey Buckingham's solo album in Feb., 1996, and then announced that Fleetwood Mac had split in March, 1996. Shortly thereafter, it was announced that John and Christine McVie were playing on Lindsey's album. Then, "Twisted" came out in May, 1996. Later in 1996, Bekka & Billy was released. To me, it looks a lot like Lindsey was trying to break up that Mac so that he could get the Rumours band back together. Could it be he wanted that because his own solo masterpiece sold about 50,000 copies? In his defense, Bramlett and Burnette had post-Mac plans while still in the band.

Quote:
And Yes Bekka was trying to pretend to be Stevie when doing Stevie FM songs on that tour.
SongS? You mean that ONE version of Gold Dust Woman that was a completely different arrangement than Stevie's? Because, THAT was the only song she did. Only one, and it was completely different.

Quote:
I just don't like other singers trying to pretend to be Stevie
She sang a Stevie song. That hardly equates to pretending to be Stevie. By that logic, Courtney Love, Billy Corgan, the Dixie Chicks, and Waylon Jennings were pretending to be Stevie Nicks. And, if I were a Stevie fan, I think it would have been a bigger insult not having ANY Stevie songs. Wouldn't that have sent the message that the band really felt that Stevie's contributions to Fleetwood Mac were minimal? Hell, I'm still pissed they dropped "Oh Well" for two tours, and haven't played Danny Kirwan or Bob Welch songs since the late '70s, let alone a Jeremy Spencer-Elmore James cover (specifically, "Shake Your Moneymaker").

Quote:
if Bekka was so great in FM she would be still in the band.
I'm pretty sure she wanted to do more country than she was allowed, and wanted out. See, most people LEAVE Fleetwood Mac. I'm sure the split was mutual.

Quote:
Stevie Nicks is FM with out Stevie Nicks there is no FM End of Story.
So why did Christine McVie have more hit singles with Fleetwood Mac? Also, Peter Green.

THE Stephen Hopkins