View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I agree! But really though, I think, it's unfair to say Fleetwood Mac was ruined in 1977. Did Mick not say it was one of the most important albums they ever made? The Rumours era was the most successful line up and they got a new sound that I think is amazing. I don't understand why people think they were ruined after that?? If it has to do with Stevie/Lindsey that is just unfair because they brought their own styles and if people didn't like it they should have got the previous members of the Mac to stay instead, but they didn't. So that was that. I'm not saying I don't like the pre-Rumours/post-Rumours line up, but I'm saying the Rumours era definitely didn't ruin Fleetwood amc.
I'm not saying it is because of Lindsey & Stevie...it's because of the whole Rumours phenomena. It DID ruin Fleetwood Mac. What album have they played at least 6 songs from in every concert since? It's like their creativity got stuck in the La Brea Tar Pits once that album took off. Tusk was only a reaction to Rumours...meant to be "the anti-Rumours" not a creative statement on its own. Everything they did was an attempt to either re-create or create the "anti-" Rumours...even after a change in personnel, they couldn't let it go, which would've been the INTELLIGENT and HEALTHY thing to do, but no. AND, in so doing, all the "Fleetwood Mac faithful" (except some of us who AVOIDED the "kool-aid" like the plague) just fell right in line with the "Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey or Stevie isn't Fleetwood Mac" which is bull**** because there was a Fleetwood Mac before them and after them...they weren't the "be all/end all" of Fleetwood Mac, you all have just been brainwashed into BELIEVING they were/are/will always be like lemmings. God forbid the first one goes over the cliff...you'll all follow mindlessly.